Address： | Num： | Position type：/ /
Site managers are responsible for ensuring that a construction project is completed on time and in high quality, within budget and ensuring the quality and Health and Safety standards are adhered to the industry standards. Site managers’ work on construction sites and a lot of times their work should involve in the earlier stage of the project before the substantial construction begins as well.
The day to day site management of all project works includes but not limited to:
1. Ensuring all the work and personal behaviour is in line with the company standards, procedures, policies and requirements.
2. Reading the entire paper file and selecting subcontractors under the director’s guidance and permission.
3. Collecting quotation and preparing the site for build;
4. Driving the project’s schedule, planning to achieve key financial and construction targets and milestones;
5. Supervising and overseeing the direction of the project. Ensuring that the director’s specifications and requirements are met, reviewing progress and monitoring costs;
6. Liaising with the client, the owner, other construction professionals and, related government officials, sometimes members of the public;
7. Utilising effective communication and relationship skills.
8. Mentoring, coordinating and supervising construction workers;
9. Selecting tools and materials, Sub contractor management, supplier management and materials ordering;
10. Making safety inspections and ensuring construction and site safety;
11. Checking and preparing site reports, designs and drawings;
12. Maintaining quality control procedures;
13. Finding ways to prevent problems and to solve any that crop up;
14. Assessing and minimising risk;
15. Negotiating contracts and securing permits and licences;
16. Updating project management system every day, writing reports and keeping on top of paperwork;
17. Involving in the earlier stage of project, i.e. project targeting and design stage etc.;
18. Wherever that site is, be prepared to relocate or face a longer commute as and when required.
? Responsible, reliable and hard-working
? Target oriented, self-disciplined
? Excellent communication skills are a must
? 2-3 years experience of project management within New Zealand
? Possess an advanced understanding of plans and specifications
? Demonstrable experience working in a contracting environment
? An ability to manage multiple sites and projects
? Experience of project planning to achieve key financial and construction targets and milestones
? Strong focus on both Quality and Health & Safety to ensure client/ company and industry standards are met or exceeded
? Holding NZ full drivers license
? Excellent English language skills, good oral Chinese language skill is preferred
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.